Innovative Technologies, Distinguished Speakers Highlight Tech Showcase
The first Houston Technology Showcase, sponsored by Houston Technology Center (HTC) and Bay Area Houston Economic Partnership. The event features 20 HTC Client Company technologies and a lunchtime panel of distinguished speakers with varying perspectives on emerging technology trends.
Wednesday, October 29, 2003, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Gilruth Recreation Center, NASA/Johnson Space Center
Space Center Blvd., Gate 5
- Randy Stone, NASA JSC Deputy Director
- Bernard Harris, NASA Former Astronaut and President, Vesalius Ventures
- George Kelher, Manager of Fuel Cell Operations, The Dow Chemical Company
- Dustin Lanier, Special Assistant for Technology, Office of the Governor
- Ben Raimer, M.D., Vice President for Community Outreach, the University of Texas Medical Branch – Galveston
- Moderator: Paul Frison, President and CEO, Houston Technology Center
20 HTC companies will showcase revolutionary technologies such as:
- A new super-absorbent polymer “sponge” that cleans 95 percent of land or water oil spills within five minutes of application.
- E-compliance software that cuts costs and simplifies regulatory reporting by putting digital logic and government data in between new Internet technologies.
- A new device that can detect carpal tunnel syndrome before it becomes debilitating, helping cut medical costs and reduce worker injury.
- Technology that replaces the old “sound booth” for hearing assessments to deliver an increase in quality and reduction in cost.
See how innovative business intelligence automation software helped HP save $6 million by offering a quantum leap in current data-mining/knowledge-management systems.