SpaceCom Entrepreneurship Workshop & Competition
SpaceCom will host a full-day workshop for start-up entrepreneurs to help them refine their business plan and pitch and provide insights on identifying investment sources. Investors and accelerators will participate as mentors and judges to select the most promising of the entrepreneurs’ proposals to be showcased throughout the SpaceCom 2017 conference program.
SpaceCom attendees will participate in selecting the top entrepreneur. Special consideration will be given to start-ups whose proposals apply space technologies to terrestrial industries, including aerospace, medical, energy, advance manufacturing, maritime and agribusiness. The workshop and competition will be managed and facilitated by Stephan Reckie, Principal with Angelus Funding.
Prior to the workshop, entrepreneurs will be required to provide a Lean Business Model Canvas and prepare a preliminary pitch deck which is sent to SpaceCom by November 20, 2017.
- 8.00 AM Check-in and Breakfast
- 8.30 AM Introductions and Expectations
- 8.45 AM The Habits of a Successful Entrepreneur
- 9.00 AM The Future of Space Commercialization Opportunities
- 9.30 AM Business Model Canvas Review and Actions
- 10.15 AM Break
- 10.30 AM Ideation / Validation, Value Proposition
- 11.00 AM Intellectual Property Review
- 11.30 AM Marketing / Goto-Market Strategy/Plan
- 12.00 PM Working Lunch with Questions and Answers
- 1.00 PM Access to Capital, Funding Strategy/Plan
- 2.00 PM Executive Summaries and Tips
- 3.00 PM Investor Presentations and Tips
- 5.00 PM Closing and Reception
During the SpaceCom conference program
- Each of the top 5 selected start-ups is given 90 seconds to make a speed pitch during the SpaceCom conference program. The exact date and time are to be determined.
- SpaceCom attendees will vote on their favorite start-up. There is consideration for two winners – one selected by a panel and the other by popular vote.
- The finalists will present again on Thursday, December 7, 2017 as part of the Investor Panel and the prize will be awarded. During this panel, examples of the questions and thinking regarding the winner would be discussed.
- Recognition at SpaceCom in post conference media outreach
- Guaranteed extended meeting with an investment firm
- Featured presence on SpaceCom website
- A booth at SpaceCom 2018
- Speaking role at SpaceCom 2018
Participant Fee Structure and Registration:
Registration fee for the workshop and competition is $200 for start-ups and investors. Start-up companies may have up to three (3) attendees from the same company attend under one registration. Qualified start-up companies will also receive up to two (2) SpaceCom Full Conference badges (including free access to the show floor) – an amazing $1,590 value. In addition, admittance to the workshop is free to all full SpaceCom registrants.