Microsoft YouthSpark - HTC CEO Moderates Panel
We have a unique challenge in America today. There are more young people than ever before, and according to research by the Brookings Institution, many of them are struggling to find work in our labor force. Meanwhile many open jobs are unfilled because employers cannot find workers with the skills they need. Many of these unfilled jobs are in the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics fields (STEM) – the industries that drive innovation, competition and economic growth.
Microsoft invites you to participate in a conversation with prominent leaders from San Francisco’s education, government, and the civic community as they share their perspectives and insights to address the youth opportunity divide. To date, panelists and speakers include:
• Moderator: Walter Ulrich, President & CEO, Houston Technology Center
• Bonnie J. Dunbar, PhD NAE Professor of Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering, M.D. Anderson Director, University of Houston STEM Center
• Byron V. Garrett, Director, Innovative Schools, Microsoft
• David J. Lee, President & CEO, Nano3D Biosciences, Inc.
• Ed Gonzalez, Mayor Pro – Tem, Council Member – District H, City of Houston
• Nicole H. Robinson, Digital Inclusion Project Director, City of Houston
More information from Houston Business Journal can be found at http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/blog/2013/04/youthspark-houston-launches-presents.html