Job Opening- Acceleration Program Coordinator
Named by Forbes' as one of "Ten Technology Incubators Changing the World," and as one of "Twelve Business Incubators Changing the World," the Houston Technology Center is the largest technology business incubator and accelerator in Texas, advancing the commercialization of emerging technology companies in the greater Houston area. HTC serves as the nexus of new ideas, technological innovation, and entrepreneurship. Each day, the staff and partners of the Houston Technology Center work closely with entrepreneurs and startup companies providing them with in-depth strategic and tactical business guidance, fundraising advice, and connecting them to opportunities, allies, and capital. As a catalyst for change, economic growth and development, HTC’s focus is to assist in the acceleration and commercialization of emerging technology companies. Since its inception in 1999, the Houston Technology Center has become vital to technology entrepreneurship in Houston by helping more than 250 emerging technology companies raise more than $1 billion in capital and create about 4,000 new jobs in key sectors including Energy, IT, Life Sciences, NASA related technologies and Nanotechnology.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate the Client Acceleration Program activities, processes, and procedures.
- Participate in Client, mentor and volunteer meetings and events.
- Coordinate department management of applicants, candidates, clients, and graduates
- Coordinate activities and programs to support acceleration clients
- Maintain overall client acceleration statistics and information
- Administrative assistance to Acceleration Directors
- Administrative /Reception Desk back-up (when needed)
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required and minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Project management experience beneficial
- Strong people, communication, and organizational skills
- Prior experience working with start-up companies and business development beneficial
- Advanced computer skills – proficient in Act, Powerpoint, Word, and Excel
- Reacts to changing project priorities promptly and efficiently
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a highly energetic environment
- Ability to work independently, as well as be a team player.
- Work under stress to meet project deadlines with strong `attention to detail.
Resumes should be sent to email@example.com (no phone calls please).