Goradia Innovation Prize
The Goradia Innovation Prize is awarded to those early stage companies that have commercialized or are very close to commercializing innovative technologies within the region. The selection of awardees is based upon the commercial potential of the innovation, the soundness of the business plan, the potential for job growth within the region and the likelihood of significant long-term success. The prize is a direct grant to be applied to bringing the technology to market.
A structured and disciplined process will be used by a prestigious panel of judges to evaluate the finalists and select the prize winners.
For further information please contact Deborah Mansfield, Goradia Prize Coordinator at 713-658-1750 or Goradia@houstontech.org .
• Commercial Potential – is the company likely to succeed and what levels of financial results can be anticipated?
Congratulations to the 2014 Goradia Prize Winners:
- Grand Prize of $50K awarded to NanoLinea, LLC, Colin Young, CEO. NanoLinea, LLC creates medical devices based on carbon nanotube fiber technology. The flagship product, CardioLinea, is a safe, durable, minimally invasive, truly therapeutic implant treatment for cardiac ventricular arrhythmia.
- 1ST Place of $35K awarded to Big Delta Systems, LLC, Charudatta "Charu" Galande, Co-founder. Big Delta Systems makes ‘freeform power sources’ – energy storage devices that can take any shape, size and even flexible – using an innovative and scalable additive manufacturing process.
- 2ND Place of $25K awarded to BreviTest Technologies, LLC, Dev Chatterjee, Director of Research. BreviTest Technologies, LLC. A device that automates enzyme immunoassays. Customizable disposable cartridges and established chemistries perform a broad range of tests with standard-of-care sensitivity and specificity.
- 3RDPlace of $15K awarded to Vax-Immune, LLC, Joaquin Altenberg, CEO & CFO. Vax-Immune diagnoses, treats and prevents Ureaplasma infection. The Ureaplasma Rapid Diagnostic Kit (URDK) allows physicians to rapidly diagnose and treat this infection, and prevent its complications.
- Honorable Mention awards of $5K each includes Integrated Bionics, LLC, Stephane Smith, Co-founder/CEO; C-Bond Systems, LLC, Bruce Rich, CEO; Wavve Stream Inc., Eric Beydoun, CEO; A-76 Technologies LLC, Lauren Thompson, CEO; SOHMIUMe, LLC, Christopher Morgan, Business Development Manager.
- GRAND PRIZE of $50K awarded to C-Voltaics, Inc., Seamus "Shay" Curran, Ph.D., CEO. C-Voltaics, Inc., a nanotechnology company, has developed a self-cleaning hydrophobic nanocoating (SCHNTM) protective coatings that can be used to keep surfaces clean, stain resistant and dry.
- 1ST PLACE (tie) of $30K awarded to Carbtex Technology, Inc., Francis McCullough, Ph.D., President. Carbtex Technology, Inc., manufacturers’ of Diamondown™ thermal wear is the best single base layer material which keeps you warm and dry under the coldest conditions as well as cool and comfortable in the heat.
- 1ST PLACE (tie) of $30K awarded to Saranas, Inc., Michael Magnani, CEO. Saranas, Inc., a medical device company, improves patient outcomes through real-time detection of internal bleeding complications and enables physicians to immediately address the complication using straightforward adjustments to their procedure.
- 3RD PLACE of $15K awarded to PancreatRX LLC, Geeta Shroff, CEO. PancreatRX LLC is a preclinical-stage platform biotechnology venture for pancreatic cancer diagnosis and treatment. The platform allows small molecules to target pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomas.
- Honorable Mention awards of $5K each includes ChartSpan Medical Technologies, Inc., Jon-Michial Carter, CEO; Remind Technologies Inc., Nicole Pardo, M.D., CEO & Co-Founder.
GRAND PRIZE of $50K awarded to Procyrion, Inc., Benjamin Hertzog, President & CEO. Procyrion is developing the first catheter-deployed circulatory assist device for long-term use to treat Class III-IV heart failure patients in the US who have few therapeutic options.
1ST PLACE of $35K awarded to Smart Office Energy Solutions, Bryan Hassin, Co-Founder & CEO. Smart Office Energy Solutions reduces office energy consumption by up to 25% by engaging the people inside it.
2ND PLACE of $25K awarded to SHMsoft, Inc., Mark Kerzner, President & CEO. A Big Data solutions provider, is the first to develop an open-source e-Discovery solution that uses advanced clustering technology.
3RD PLACE of $15K awarded to DreamSaver Enterprises, LLC, Chris Shiver, President & Founder. Composite Thermal Transfer Prevention materials and solutions based on Space Shuttle heat shield materials stop the transfer of heat more efficiently, against higher temperatures, with lower cost and lighter weight.
Honorable Mentions include Akros TechLabs, LLC, Sid Prasanna, CEO; CBM Enterprise Solutions, LLC, Cindy Boyd, CEO; Epic One Corporation, William Gomez, Jr., Co-Founder; Nurtured by Design, Yamile Jackson, CEO & Founder