DEADLINE: HCC Newspring Business Plan Competition
- Entrants are encouraged (but not required) to work in teams of two or more.
- At least one member of each team must complete BUSG 2309 (for credit) or BUSG 2009 (continuing education) prior to the competition. HCC students must be in good academic standing. (Owners of existing businesses may apply to take the class concurrently- during the competition- but each applicant will be considered on a case-by-case basis).
- Graduates of HCC’s Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses program may also apply for the competition and are NOT required to take BUSG 2309/BUSG 2009. Your completion of the 10,000 Small Businesses program is considered your prerequisite class.
Who Should Apply*
- Start-Ups – Entrants who want to turn their business idea into a serious business;
- Exiting Businesses
- Entrants who own a business embarking upon a growth plan;
- Entrants who own a business that needs a new course of action; or
- Entrants whose employer needs a new business direction and/or new product line;
- More Details on Existing Businesses.
2015 Competition Timeline
- November 18, 2014– Enrollment begins*
- January 20, 2015 – Enrollment deadline*
- April 2, 2015 – Submission deadline for business plan
- April 23, 2015 – Finalists present business plans to judges
- April 28, 2015 – Winners announced and awards presented
Apply to Enter the 2015 Competition
Prior to filling out the online application, you should:
- Read the Contestant Requirements
- Read the Competition Rules
- Have Student ID number for HCC Student Team Leader who has taken the required class (BUSG 2309 or BUSG 2009).
- If you still need to take the class, Register Now.
- HCC Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Graduates can submit COHORT Number instead of Student Number.
- Resumes – Have electronic resumes for EACH team member ready to attach.
- Applications taken 12:00 noon November 18, 2014 through 11:59pm January 20, 2015.
- Read Tips for a Strong BPC Application
- 2015 HCC Newspring BPC Application – Online Submission Form