2014 Rice Life Science Forum
We are pleased to announce that BioHouston and the Rice Alliance for Technology and Entrepreneurship, along with the Houston Area Translational Research Consortium (HATRC) and Texas Healthcare and BioScience Institute (THBI), will again co-host the Texas Life Science Forum. This forum is the largest Life Science venture capital/investor conference in the Southwest and is a must-attend event for anyone involved in the life science community in this region. The conference will include industry luminary speakers, investors, and promising startups from throughout the U.S., while showcasing Texas research, innovations, and entrepreneurial companies.
The Texas Life Science Forum will showcase new life science technology companies and allow attendees to hear from nationally recognized luminaries. Approximately 50 promising life science companies have been hand-picked to present their ventures to an announce of about 500 investors, entrepreneurs, mentors, researchers, service providers and other members of the entrepreneurship community.
Click HERE for more information
In addition to the life science companies, attendees will hear from industry luminaries, active early-stage life science venture capitalists from across the U.S. and major pharma/medtech companies.
New this year, there will be a Plenary Session + 4 concurrent tracks:
- Texas Life Science Plenary Topics:
- How I Did It: Two CEOs and Their Investors Share Their Story
- Strategics/Corporate VC – What are Buyers Looking For in 2014
- VC’s: Who’s Left Standing
- Fireside Chat…Using Comparative Effectiveness to Guide Better Outcomes
- Family Offices/Patient Advocacy Groups/Venture Philanthropy
- Texas Life Science Concurrent Tracks:
- Company Presentations
- Texas Life Science Educational Forum
- SciCafe by Nature Magazine
- 1-on-1 Meetings Between Presenting Companies and Venture/Strategic Investors