Innovation Conference & Showcase 2013
Thank you to all of the sponsors, participants and community members who supported and attended the Innovation Conference and Showcase!!
The Innovation Conference and Showcase is the largest presentation of Texas Gulf Coast emerging technology companies from the energy, information technology, life sciences, nanotechnology and NASA/aerospace sectors.
In addition to the exhibition of more than 40 innovative technology companies, there is an extraordinary luncheon panel on the future of technology and the role of Houston. The panel consists of the following influential Houston Entrepreneurs:
Startup America-Texas Region
HTC, Vice President and Managing Director, Energy Acceleration
Read the Panel's full bio's here
We are proud to have Dr. Ellen Ochoa as our keynote.
Director of the Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center and a veteran astronaut, Ochoa became the first Hispanic woman to go to space when she served on a nine-day mission aboard the space shuttle Discovery in 1993. Read Full Bio Here
Dr. Ellen Ochoa will be interviewed by Dr. Bernard Harris, former astronaut, philanthropist, and venture capitalist. Read Full Bio Here
Along with the Conference and showcase, the winners of the Goradia Innovation Prize Awards will be announced. The $150,000 in prizes is made possible by the generosity of the Goradia Foundation and Opportunity Houston!
Congratulations to the 2013 Goradia Prize Winners:
- GRAND PRIZE of $50K awarded to C-Voltaics, Inc., Seamus "Shay" Curran, Ph.D., CEO. C-Voltaics, Inc., a nanotechnology company, has developed a self-cleaning hydrophobic nanocoating (SCHNTM) protective coatings that can be used to keep surfaces clean, stain resistant and dry.
- 1ST PLACE (tie) of $30K awarded to Carbtex Technology, Inc., Francis McCullough, Ph.D., President. Carbtex Technology, Inc., manufacturers’ of Diamondown™ thermal wear is the best single base layer material which keeps you warm and dry under the coldest conditions as well as cool and comfortable in the heat.
- 1ST PLACE (tie) of $30K awarded to Saranas, Inc., Michael Magnani, CEO. Saranas, Inc., a medical device company, improves patient outcomes through real-time detection of internal bleeding complications and enables physicians to immediately address the complication using straightforward adjustments to their procedure.
- 3RD PLACE of $15K awarded to PancreatRX LLC, Geeta Shroff, CEO. PancreatRX LLC is a preclinical-stage platform biotechnology venture for pancreatic cancer diagnosis and treatment. The platform allows small molecules to target pancreatic ductal adenocarcinomas.
- Honorable Mention awards of $5K each includes ChartSpan Medical Technologies, Inc., Jon-Michial Carter, CEO; Remind Technologies Inc., Nicole Pardo, M.D., CEO & Co-Founder.
In this year’s showcase, at least 10 regional awardees of the Texas Emerging Technology Fund program will be participating, highlighting their breakthrough technologies and business strategies.
Thank you to our 2013 IC&S Sponsors
Ed Rachal Foundation
|Curry Glassell & Ricky Williams|
|AT&T||John & Jane Kennedy|
|Bank of Texas||Oracle Corporation|
The Center for Advancement of Science in Space (CASIS)
|Pearland Economic Development Corporation|
|University of Houston|
|Ernst & Young LLP||Verizon Wireless|
|Norton Rose Fulbright||Winston & Strawn LLP|
|G&A Partners||Wong Cabello|
|Jackson Walker LLP|
|JKH Group LLC||Vesalius Ventures|
|Barbara and Paul Frison||UT MD Anderson Cancer Center|
Hyatt Regency Houston