Houston Technology Center #houchat Twitter Contest Rules
THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING!
OUR #HOUCHAT CONTEST HAS NOW ENDED AND A WINNER HAS BEEN SELECTED!
We would still love to see you at Tech Champs on Friday!!
Register Here: www.houstontech.org/techchamps81
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND IS GOVERNED BY U.S LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
- This contest will take place Tuesday 7/29/2014 at 10:00 am and will end 7/30/2014 at 3:00 pm.
- The contest will consist of three periods which will include the entry period, judgment period, and the contact period.
i. The entry period will begin on 7/29/2014 at 10:00 and will end on 7/30/2014 at 3:00 pm.
ii. The drawing period will begin on 7/30/2014 at 3:00 pm. and will end on 7/30/2014 at 5:00 pm.
iii. The contact period will begin on 7/31/2014 at 8:00 am and will end on 7/31/2014 at 10:00 am.
- The contest will be open to all residents of the U.S and all contestants must be 18 and over to enter.
- HTC Employees are not eligible to win, but are encouraged to participate in the discussion
HOW TO ENTER:
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. In order to participate in this contest you must:
- Have a valid twitter account. If you do not have a twitter account and would like to participate in the contest please visit www.twitter.com and create an account with twitter.
- During the entry period send a tweet to @HouTechCenter that contains all of the following elements:
i. In 140 characters or less state your predictions about the future of social media and communications
ii. All users who compete in this contest will use the hashtag #houchat in order to compete in the contest
- All contestants competing in the contest must comply with twitter's rules and regulations which are available online at www.twitter.com
- Your tweet must be in compliance with twitter’s rules and all tweets must be free of any offensive content. (That includes characters, photos, and links)
- You will receive one (1) entry in the contest when you Tweet your opinion. LIMIT (1) ENTRY PER ACCOUNT DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD (regardless of how many times you submit a Tweet). For greater understanding and the avoidance of any doubt, you can only tweet once (1) from (1) Account to participate in the Contest. Tweeting from multiple accounts is not prohibited, but each account used can only tweet once in regards to our contest. Use of any automated system to submit entries is prohibited and will result in disqualification of the contest.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ENTRY (INCLUDING YOUR USERNAME AND PROFILE PICTURE) MAY BE POSTED ON TWITTER, FACEBOOK AND/OR SPONSOR’S PROPRIETARY WEBSITE, WHERE IT MAY BE VIEWED, SHARED (BY USERS OF TWITTER AND OTHER INTERNET SITES) AND COMMENTED ON BY THE SPONSOR AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
SELECTION OF WINNER:
- We will be choosing a number (for instance the 100th tweet) and that tweet will be chosen as the winner. Contestants will not be judged on any criteria, but will need to adhere to our rules that we have set.
- The prize that will be given away to the winner will be free admission into our Tech Champs on August 1st at 7:15 am.
NOTIFICATION OF THE WINNER:
- On 7/31/2014 in Houston, Texas Roslynn Fitch will notify the winner by sending that account a direct message and the winner must respond to the message with a valid telephone number to reach the winner. It is the contestant’s responsibility to set their Account settings to accept messages from HTC’s twitter account and to check your Twitter Account for such messages during the Contact Period.